More Bad New for United Development Funding IV
Are you concerned about investment losses in United Development Funding IV (UDF IV)? If so, The White Law Group may be able to help you recover your losses through FINRA Arbitration.
UDF IV is a nontraded REIT that listed on Nasdaq in June 2014. It was sold to investors from 2009 to 2013 at $20 per share. According to SEC filings, UDF IV has $684 million in assets, is a mortgage and development REIT. UDF branded REITs and private deals were high yield offerings, promising investors returns of 8% to 10%.
According to a company press release, on January 26, 2017, United Development Funding IV (UDF IV) announced that the Nasdaq Listing and Hearing Review Council affirmed the Nasdaq Hearings Panel’ decision to delist the shares of UDF IV from the Nasdaq Stock Market. The decision to delist UDF IV common shares was due in part to the failure of UDF IV to file Form 10-K for the year ending December 31, 2015, and subsequent Form 10-Qs for the quarters ending March 31, June 30, and September 30, 2016.
As we told you last fall, the UDF REITs have been hit with a multitude of problems.
UDF REITs Continue to Struggle
– UDF IV’s last periodic filing was made in November 2015. Shareholders have not been provided with any information since then.
– In December, a third party (hedge fund with a short position in UDF IV shares) complained the company had been operating for years like a Ponzi scheme.
– In February, in response to the allegations, the FBI raided UDF IV’s offices outside of Dallas. The company’s executives and certain employees were served with subpoenas seeking the production of documents. The outcome of this investigation is still pending.
– Trading of UDF IV’s shares was suspended in February 2016 because the company was not in compliance with rules requiring the timely filing of periodic reports with the SEC.
– On October 10th, MacKenzie Capital Management, extended an tender offer to UDF IV investors, “Now you can sell your United Development Funding IV investment and regain control of your money. Right now, MacKenzie Capital Management, LP will pay you $1.50 per Share….”
– Nasdaq halted trading of UDF IV shares at $3.20, down 81% over the prior 12 months, according to Investment News.
– In September, the company issued a press release that stated its continued listing on Nasdaq was on the condition that, by October 17, it become current in its quarterly financial reports with the SEC. The deadline was missed once again.
– Various UDF REITs, including UDF IV, have halted paying investors distributions over the past year.
Recovery of Investment Losses of UDF IV
Investors who purchased UDF investments based on the recommendation of a broker-dealer firm may also be eligible to pursue claims in arbitration against the firm and seek compensation for any losses they suffered as a result of those investments.
Brokers have a fiduciary duty to perform due diligence on any investment. They must insure that investment recommendations are consistent with their client’s age, net worth, risk tolerance, investment experience and objectives. If a broker overlooks suitability requirements, investors may have an actionable claim to recover their losses in a product in a claim through FINRA dispute resolution.
These two avenues are not mutually exclusive (i.e. an investor could pursue a class action directly against UDF while also pursuing a claim against the brokerage firm that sold them the investment).
The White Law Group has handled dozens of FINRA arbitration claims against brokerage claims involving those firms improper sale of UDF investments, including UDF III and UDF IV.
For a free consultation with a securities attorney, please call The White Law Group at 1-888-637-5510.
The White Law Group, LLC is a national securities fraud, securities arbitration, investor protection, and securities regulation/compliance law firm with offices in Chicago, Illinois and Vero Beach, Florida.
For more information on The White Law Group, please visit our website at www.WhiteSecuritiesLaw.com.
Tags: UDF contact info, UDF IV claims, UDF IV class action attorney, UDF IV class action class period, UDF IV class action law firm, UDF IV class action lawyer, UDF IV class period, UDF IV delisted, UDF IV filing deadlines, UDF IV latest news, UDF IV lawsuits, UDF IV litigation options, UDF IV NASDAQ, UDF IV ponzi scheme, UDF IV raid, UDF IV recovery options, UDF IV SEC investigation, UDF IV share price, UDF IV tender offer, UDF IV timeline, UDF IV update, United Development Fund class action, United Development Fund lawsuit, united development fund litigation, United Development Fund SEC investigation, United Development Funding claims, United Development Funding class action lawyer, United Development Funding delisted, United Development Funding lawsuits, United Development Funding ponzi scheme, United Development Funding raid, United Development Funding SEC Investigation, United Development Funding share price, United Development Funding update Last modified: November 14, 2018