The Florida Office of Financial Regulation recently identified emerging threats facing investors in 2015, including schemes involving marijuana-related investments, stream-of-income investments and digital currency.
The following list of top threats facing unwary investors was compiled by the Enforcement Section of the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA), of which the Florida Office of Financial Regulation is a member.
- Marijuana Industry Investments
- Stream-of-Income Investments
- Digital Currency & Cybersecurity Risks
- Binary Options
- Fraudulent Private Placement Offerings (Reg D/Rule 506 Private Offerings)
- Pyramid and Other Ponzi Schemes
- Real Estate Schemes (including those using promissory notes)
- Affinity Fraud
- Online Fraud (including social media and crowdfunding)
- Oil & Gas Investments in the Fracking Era
The foregoing information, which is available on the Florida Office of Financial Regulation’s website, is being provided by The White Law Group. The White Law Group, LLC is a national securities fraud, securities arbitration, investor protection, and securities regulation/compliance law firm with offices in Chicago, Illinois and Franklin, Tennessee. The firm represents investors throughout the country in claims against their brokerage firm.
For a free consultation with a securities attorney, please call the firm’s Vero Beach office at 772/242-9330. For more information on the firm, visit https://whitesecuritieslaw.com.Tags: most common fraudulent investments, most common investment fraud products, most common investment fraud schemes, most common types of investment fraud, top fraudulent investments, top investment fraud schemes Last modified: July 17, 2015